Tuesday, December 29, 2009

foodie reads

I love to eat.
I love to prepare food.
I love to read about people who are surrounded by food.

We used to do a Book of the Month feature for our scheduled classes and I have lately been considering bringing this back... Maybe on this blog? These are a few books I have read in the past month and some that were given to me for Christmas.

Making time for a book is such a treat.













Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper
-My absolute favourite read of the year. If you love Chinese food, the real thing, you must read this. I want to be Fushia, I want to buy rabbits and skin them myself, I want to scale fish as they are still alive, I want to fill my mouth with heat packed peppers and remember that special food-related moment.













Don't Try This at Home
- A great book for bedtime reading. Each chapter is a culinary anecdote from chefs around the world...














Julia Child, a Life
-I did not truly know Julia Child and had not yet seen 'The Movie' - this was an entertaining and quick read. Is it all accurate? I do not know, but it seems like a good intro for a larger than life personality.














A Year In My Kitchen
-Skye loves eating and it shows. Stunning pictures, lovely recipes that you want to try, now. If only the market was still open...














Jamie at Home
- I did not know Jamie Oliver, in fact, I avoided him as I thought he was just another of those good-looking-let's-brand-name-him chefs... This is a truly yummy book that made me want to get lost in the woods for a couple of days, catch deer, cook it with whatever I found in the surroundings.














My Year of Meat
-My current read. A Japanese television show meant to encourage beef consumption using American housewives as 'role models'. It gives me the giggles every page...


-marysol

No comments:

Post a Comment