Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I think we like tomatoes...

2nd post in a row about tomato-goodness!


Lovely little tartlets that Candice baked for Monday's big event...
A delightful late afternoon snack.


Also, some fabulous baguette that we served from a bakery right next to my house, Aux Deux Frères. It is clearly worth the detour to Aylmer...

They have different treats on different days.
I have to admit to morning laziness since we moved to Aylmer - I just drag my feet to the bakery and get croissants & coffee for breakfast. They are the best I have tasted, hands down.

I sampled some heavenly 'pizza' with cranberries, red onion, walnuts & spinach (they also had classic pissaladière) and gummy-yummy-good fruit & nut breads (they even have some with sexy icing on Fridays and Saturdays). Always available are savoury breads (again, they switch up the kinds...), multi-grain, rye, sourdough, muffins, sweet treats...

-Let it be noted that I bike to work to make up for the guilt, sometimes!-

marysol

No comments:

Post a Comment